Protein is the basic building block for muscle recovery and growth. But for many active people getting enough protein in can be a pretty unappetizing mix of lumpy protein shakes and dry chicken. But that isn’t how it has to be!
Dr Zak’s have recently launched a pretty awesome high protein product that is also super tasty and easy to incorporate into everyday life. Welcome: Dr Zak’s high protein bagels!
Here is why they are so awesome:
- Each bagel has over twice the amount of protein as traditional bagels
- But 40% less carbohydrate
- Dr Zak’s bagels are multi-grain and seed
- So are high in fiber and keep hunger pangs at bay
- Dr Zak’s bagels taste the same (if not better) as ‘normal’ bagels
- Dr Zak’s bagels are great value for money
- 4 bagels costs just £3.50 which equates to less than 90p per bagel (24g of protein)
- Dr Zak’s bagels contain no artificial colors, flavors or preservatives
- So you can be confident that you are getting high quality protein in without any unnecessary nasties
The bottom line: each bagel contains: 24g protein, 6.7g fiber, 27.9g carbohydrate, 293 calories. I personally would much rather have a proper meal after my training sessions rather than drink some shake containing ingredients that I can’t pronounce.
Above is a seriously tasty toasted Dr Zac’s bagel filled with fresh spinach and smoked salmon. It was so ideal after a chilly run this holiday season!
We also loved Dr Zak’s bagels on Christmas morning when topped with scrambled eggs and smoked salmon!
Reach for Dr Zak’s bagels when you are next in need of a tasty high protein treat after your training session. Here is their site: Dr Zak’s