These uber healthy, super easy, gluten free, vegan and amazingly tasty cookies are such a great way to use up left over bananas! They are also the perfect fuel for training, racing or just to help you get over that inevitable afternoon slump at work or school!
This recipe will make around 6 pretty big cookies, or 8 smaller ones. If you want to make more, simply double the ingredients!
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 2 cups of oat flour (I ground old fashioned oats in my nutribullet)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup raisins (you could use any other dried fruit or even choc chips)
- Preheat your oven to 375 F/ 190 C
- Grease and line a baking tray or use a non stick baking sheet
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl (flour, baking powder, baking soda, and spices)
- In a food processor or blender blitz the bananas and apple juice until smooth and creamy
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the blender and blitz util combined
- Pour the mixture back into your mixing bowl and mix in the raisins
- Dollop spoonfuls of the mixture onto your baking tray
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden on the base (they may look underdone, but they will harden as they cool)
I love these cookies sandwiched together with a thick dollop of Barney butter (or any other nut butter of your choice) and a scoop of mashed banana. Just divine! I bet they would also be great as sandwiches for banana ice cream, or even smores.
If you want to change things up a bit why not try adding some chopped nuts, or different spices? See where your imagination takes you!