Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins that are seriously delicious, easy to make, and just happen to be free of gluten, dairy and refined sugars! Read on so you can make your own!
As most of the banana bread recipes I came across contained eggs, refined sugars, dairy, grains, gluten or a mixture of all of these things, I wanted to try and come up with a recipe that was free of all of them!
This recipe is not only super simple but also requires very few ingredients. This is always important to me because when I want to bake I don’t want to have to go out and spend loads on getting the things that I need.
Anyway, this is the recipe that I came up with….
This recipe will make 10 mini muffins. If you want to make bigger muffins then go ahead, but remember that you may only be able to make around 4-5- if you want more, or want to make a large loaf then I would suggest that you double the ingredients. Happy Baking!
- 1 large ripe banana mashed
- 2 tbsp + 2 tsp nut or seed butter of choice (I used Meridian smooth almond butter in mine)
- 1 vegan egg (I used the egg substitute mix from NEAT foods)
- 1 tsp liquid sweetener (Optional- I didn’t use any in my mini muffins)
- 1 tsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp coconut flour (I used Sukrin coconut flour)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp + 2tsp chocolate chips or chocolate chunks (I made chocolate chunks with Eating EVOLVED dark choc bar)
- 2 tbsp seeds/ dried fruit etc (I used pumpkin seeds)
To make the muffins all you need to do is combine all of the ingredients (ensure well combined!) Then place a spoonful into muffin cases and put into a muffin tray.
Once ready, bake your mini muffins for about 20 minutes, or until golden.