Any time I put avocado and chocolate in the same sentence, it is inevitable that people will turn their noses up. But, that is before they try this mousse. It is seriously the simplest, tastiest, healthiest mousse that I have ever had, and it is quite possibly the best vegan chocolate mousse that the world has ever seen. Please give it a go!
This mousse is great as a dessert, for breakfast or as a snack. It is full of healthy fats from the avocado, packed with protein from the Yuve Protein Powder, and has the perfect level of sweetness from banana.
Here is what you will need to make enough mouse for 1-2 people:
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 scoop (approx 1/3 cup) of Yuve Chocolate Protein Powder (You could sub or add in some cocoa powder if you like your mousse seriously chocolatey)
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- Optional extras- can be mixed in or used as toppings: maple syrup, nuts, seeds, frozen mixed berries, almond butter, cocoa nibs, desiccated coconut.
Here is how to make it:
- Put the banana and avocado into your blender and blitz until smooth.
- Add in the protein powder and almond milk and blitz again until well combined.
- Spoon into bowls and refrigerate until ready to eat.
- When serving add any extra ingredients you like.
- I love topping my mousse with frozen berries, nut butter and Emmy’s Organics Coconut Macaroons!